Here are a few tips to follow after a disaster to prevent further damage to your property.
- Don’t discard any affected items until a professional assessment has been made. You would be surprised what we can restore!
- Take photos of all affected textiles and electronics for your personal record.
- If textiles are affected by water, remove excess water and allow the items to air dry without exposure to heat or sun. This reduces the risk of dye transfer and the development of mold.
- Don’t try to power-on an electronic affected by water. Always unplug before handling.
- Carefully disconnect electronics that may be affected from a power surge.
- Don’t handle textiles affected with soot. Touching these items can grind contaminates further into the fabric.
- Kitchen Fires
- Furnace Puffbacks
- Electrical Fires
- Chemical Fires
- Smoke Damage
- Sewer or Water Backup
- Flooded Basements
- Pipe Burst
- Leaking Appliances
- Flooding From Storms
- Flooding From Firefighting Efforts
- Tropical Storms
- Ice Storm
- Snow Blizzard